All applications follow the dates and deadlines below:
- September 1st-November 30th 2020 Interview deadlines
- December 2nd (postmarked). Receipt of all application materials.
- ~February 1st. Award notification.
- April 18th. Public announcement of scholarship recipients at the RES Gala event.
- ~August 1, 2021 - Disbursement of scholarship award.
Applicants must meet the following qualifications:
- Be an undergraduate student in good standing who has completed two years/or achieved third-year standing in an ABET-accredited engineering, engineering technology, science or technology program.
- Have an overall grade point average of 3.0 out of 4.0 (or equivalent).
- Plan to continue engineering, engineering technology, science or technology studies in an undergraduate ABET accredited program in the following year. Scholarship recipients will be individually notified by the date indicated and publically announced at the RES Gala event. Funds are sent to the recipient and will be disbursed to recipients via the USPS.
- Be a resident of Monroe, Genesee, Livingston, Ontario, Orleans, Wayne, or Wyoming Counties of New York or enrolled in an ABET-accredited engineering, engineering technology, science or technology curriculum in a college in those counties. The Rochester Chapter of IEEE allows applicants from Corning or Alfred sub-chapters.
- Not be a previous recipient of this scholarship.